MARLENE'S LEMON CHICKEN
4 whole boneless breasts, (split into 2 butterflied and pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup margarine
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 lemon, thinly sliced
3 to 4 tablespoons drained capers
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a bag. Add chicken breast and
cook well. Shake off excess
- Heat margarine and oil in large skillet.
- Add chicken and saute for 2-3 minutes on each side until done. Do not overcook.
Drain chicken on paper towel and keep warm.
- Stir water and wine into fat remaining in skillet and bring to a boil, stirring
up browned bits from the pan bottom. Stir in lemon juice and continue boiling until
- Return chicken to skillet, cover with lemon slices and cook until heated through.
- Add capers and sprinkle with parsley. Makes 8 servings. Service over rice or noodles.